Diak Identity Service
All students and employees at Diak need to acquire their personal Diak user account. You need to activate your account yourself. After activation the account, which includes f. ex. access to your personal email and cloud storage, will remain available for as long as your study entitlement or employment at Diak is valid.
- If you are a Degree Programme student at Diak, you can activate your account at the start of your first attending semester (from 3.1. or 3.8. onwards).
- If you are pursuing other studies, you may activate your account two days after receiving your study entitlement, generally about two weeks before the start of studies at the latest.
- If you are a member of staff, we’ll notify you by email when your account is ready to be activated.
Instructions for the use of Diak Identity Service can be found on Diak’s online guide. More information and instructions for Suomi.fi authentication can be found on the Suomi.fi website.
If you do not have a Finnish personal identity number or identification tokens needed to use Suomi.fi
Diak Identity Service is not available for persons who do not have a Finnish personal identity number or any of the identification tokens required by Suomi.fi authentication (online banking IDs, a mobile certificate or a certificate card). If you cannot activate your user account due to this limitation
- and you are a student at Diak, please contact us at Diak’s Study Office (email@example.com) well in advance before the start of your studies. We will arrange an alternate method of confirming your identity and activating your account.
- and you are a member of staff, please contact our ICT support (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will arrange an alternate method of confirming your identity and activating your account.