Housing and travel
This page contains information about public transport in and around Diak campus locations as well as short- and long-term accommodation and housing.
Student housing: The Foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region HOAS
Shared student housing at Helsinki Deaconess Institute, Sanervakoti
Helsinki Regional Transport Authority is responsible for public transport provision in Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen, Vantaa, Kerava, Kirkkonummi and Sipoo.
See HSL ticket types and prices.
See the HSL journey planner. The service includes journey planners for public transport and pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
Student Housing Foundation of Northern Finland PSOAS
Rental housing association Oulun Sivakka
Oulu Public Transport Authority is responsible for public transport provision in Oulu.
Oulunliikenne.fi contains a public transport journey planner, timetables by stop, route maps, pedestrian and bicycle journey planner, and extensive road traffic information.
Studio on Keskuskatu and 1-bedroom flat on Karjalankatu
- Studio on Keskuskatu, €45–€50/night.
- 1-bedroom flat on Karjalankatu, €45–€50/night, with parking space.
- 1-bedroom ground floor apartment with sauna, €75/night.
- Strictly no pets.
+358 (0)500 653 598
1-bedroom flat 56.6 m2
Savontie 34, 76100 Pieksämäki
- Rent €20/day/person.
+358 (0)50 530 0331
Studio with sauna 31.5 m2
Savontie 60, 76100 Pieksämäki
- Includes a parking space.
- Accommodation €120/week, suitable for 1–2 students.
- Bedding and towel rental €5/week/person.
- Contact: tel. +358 (0)50 569 5397, sirpaylo(at)gmail.com
- Check availability
Refurbished 1-bedroom flat 60 m2
Savontie 28 B 8, 76100 Pieksämäki
- One bedroom plus a bed in the living room.
- No smoking or pets.
- Rent: €120/week/person or €180/week/2 people; €30/day/person or €40/day/2 people, minimum rental three days.
- Electricity and water charges included.
Terttu Nousiainen Baumann
+41 79 414 12 62, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shared flat with sauna
- A furnished, well-equipped three-bedroom flat with sauna on Karjalankatu.
- Bedding, other linen, cooking and dining ware supplied.
- Rental: €25/person for the first night and €20/day/person for subsequent nights.
- Contact: tel. +358 (0)40 517 6658.
2-bedroom flat 67 m2
- A furnished two-bedroom flat.
- Short-term lets on a daily basis also available, for 1–2 students.
- A parking space is included.
- Contact: tel. +358 (0)50 353 8987 or esko.sopanen(at)gmail.com.
Four-room apartment with sauna, 150 m2
Kantalantie 162, 76850 Naarajärvi
- Split-level semi-detached house, 4 rooms and a balcony with a lake view.
- No smoking.
- Guests to bring their own bedding and towels (or supplied for a €5 fee).
- Swimming and jogging facilities nearby.
- Accommodation charge: €25/person/night (2–4 people and a minimum of 2 nights), €30/person/night (if 1 person or 1 night only).
- Contact: email@example.com or tel. +358 (0)45 263 1668.
Pieksämäen Haka offers subsidised local authority housing across town.
Students can apply for shared accommodation. Read more from the City of Pieksämäki website. Individual applicants can apply singly to be allocated a flat share with another student.
Hotels and motels
- Single room €77/night
- Double/twin room €105/night
Please quote the following reference when making a booking: Diak/opiskelija.
The price includes room, breakfast and hotel sauna.
- Single room €120/Mon–Fri
- Double room €92/person/Mon–Fri
Please quote the following reference when making a booking: DIAK majoitus.
For bookings and enquiries, see the website or contact us by email partaharju(at)ptk.fi or telephone +358 (0)44 725 4124.
Double room €100/Mon–Fri. Breakfast not included.
- Single room €50/night
- Double/twin room €80/person/night
- Triple room €100/person/night
- Quad room €130/person/night
Linen, WC, shower and TV in rooms, refrigerator in the common room. Breakfast is included.
For bus travel information and timetables, see the City of Pieksämäki website.
Länsi-Suomen Diakonialaitos (Deaconess Institute)
Public transport in Pori and Ulvila is operated by Porin Linjat. For further information and timetables, see the City of Pori website.
Open the local transport journey planner.
You can apply for student accommodation from the Student Village Foundation of Turku.
Public transport in the Turku region is operated by Föli.
See ticket types and prices.
Check the Föli journey planner.