Screen reader ReadSpeaker
With help of screen reader programme ReadSpeaker you can listen all the text in the website read out load on any device. It is useful for many Internet users, such as those with literacy difficulties, learning disabilities, reduced vision, language learners, people on the go and anyone else looking for a simpler way to access digital content.
You don’t need to download any additional programmes to be able to use ReadSpeaker in Diak’s website. ReadSpeaker is located in every Diak’s website page.
ReadSpeaker is easy to use
- Activate ReadSpeaker by clicking the Listen button
- After that a expanded toolbar is visible and ReadSpeaker starts reading the text out loud
With the extended toolbar you can:
- Stop and replay reading
- Go back and forth on the page
- Set volume
- As the text is read, the page will scroll down automatically
- Select text and click the listen icon that appears to have the selected text read.
- Hover over a paragraph of text to have it read out automatically.
- View a clutter-free version of the web page with text in your preferred font, size and color as it is read aloud and highlighted
- Download an audio version of your content for offline listening.
- Translate a selected text to a number of languages and have the text read in the target language.
- Personalize reading speed, highlighting colors, and more.
- Select a word and find its definition in the dictionary.
- Choose the reading language.
Read more on adding speech to web conent in ReadSpeaker’s website.
Integrating ReadSpeaker into Diak’s website is part of the accessibility work that has been done at Diak to improve accessibility. If you would like to give Diak feedback on accessibility, please use this online form.