Skip to content

Student health care

As a Diak degree student, you have access to a range of student health care services. Visit the campus-specific page to find out more about the services in Helsinki.

The purpose of the student health care services is to promote students’ health, well-being and capacity to study, and manage a healthy study environment.

If you are an exchange student, please find information about your Health Care services on the website for incoming exchange students.

FSHS is responsible for student health care services as of 1 January 2021

From 1 January 2021 onwards, all degree students in higher education will be entitled to use Finnish Student Health Service, FSHS, services. Read more on FSHS website.

You can use local services at 50 FSHS service units and a wide range of online services depending on your situation and needs. Find the nearest unit on FSHS website.

Healthcare for students in higher education is financed mainly by the state (77 %), while the remaining 23 % is paid for by students. From 1 January 2021, students will pay a healthcare fee to Kela twice per year to access FSHS services. Please note that the healthcare fee must be paid on your own initiative! Read more on the fee at Kela website or FSHS website.

If you have social security coverage in another EU/EEA country or in Switzerland or the United Kingdom, you do not have to pay the healthcare fee. However, you can use the FSHS’s services. Visit Kela’s website for information about how to proceed if you have social security coverage in another EU/EEA country or in Switzerland or the United Kingdom


Students who are exposed to risk of contagion in their clinical placements will get the hepatitis B vaccine free of charge.

It is available to students of the public health nurse, registered nurse and midwife degree programmes. Students in Bachelor of Social Services programmes may get a free hepatitis B vaccination if their work placement involves a risk of contagion and the vaccination is required by the organisation in question.

Contact the student health care services appointed to your campus to get a vaccination.