Support services in Helsinki
You can contact your local student counsellor in crises, mental health and emotional well-being matters. They can discuss with you and determine any further support needs you may have.
Student deacon for DSS students
+358 (0)50 347 8243, email@example.com
Workshops supporting learning
Students have the possibility to attend various workshops and groups supporting learning. The workshops are free of charge. Click the headlines!
- Support for information searching is available at the library in Helsinki. Every Thursday from 17 January the service is available online at 3:00–4:00pm.
Schedule, autumn 2019
- Tuesday 22 January at 12.30–2pm
- Tuesday 29 January at 4.30–6pm
- Tuesday 5 February at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 12 February at 4:30–6pm
- Tuesday 19 February at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 26 February at 4:30–6pm
- Tuesday 5 March at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 12 March at 4:30–6pm
- Tuesday 19 March at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 26 March at 4:30–6pm
- Tuesday 2 April at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 9 April at 4:30–6pm
- Tuesday 16 April at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 23 April at 4:30–6pm
- Tuesday 7 May at 12:30–2pm
- Tuesday 14 May at 4:30–6pm
Welcome to finish any pending assignments or school work. Support available both in Finnish and in English. Bring your own laptop, if possible.
Schedule, spring 2019
- on Monday 14 January at 4:30–6:30 pm
- on Monday 11 February at 4:30–6:30 pm
- on Monday 4 March at 4:30–6:30 pm
- on Friday 29 March at 2:00–4:00 pm, A day for finishing undone assignments
- on Monday 15 April at 4:30–6:30 pm
Questions? Contact the DSS team!
This day is about getting unfinished tasks done. The programme consists of writing and guidance in supportive atmosphere. Support for information searching from the library.
Led by Mia Mäkinen, Maarit Heusala and other staff.
More information about registration later.
Schedule, spring 2019
Friday 25 October at 12–6 pm
Are you behind on your thesis work? Do you need help to get or make progress? Our thesis support service is here to help!
National thesis support workshops are organised once a month in 2019. You can attend the workshops remotely or in person at our Helsinki campus. See you there!
- Thursday 29 August 2:30–3:30 p.m.
- Thursday 26 September 2:30–3:30 p.m.
- Thursday 24 October 2:30–3:30 p.m.
- Thursday 28 November 2:30–3:30 p.m.
Collaborate link: https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/D253B6A437D2A834392E32A647619C34
Download page in PDF-format