A safe learning and working environment at Diak
Diaconia University of Applied Sciences fosters the well-being and safety of its community. The aim is to provide a calm, safe and pleasant learning and working environment. Safety is promoted through education, communications and monitoring measures.
Diak has a set of plans and procedures in place for the management, monitoring and assessment of the safety our our environment and responding to any safety concerns.
Our guidelines and management systems are designed with due consideration of activities which take place outside of our institution, such as work placement periods in Finland and abroad.
Diak has a safety team which is responsible for:
- promotion and maintenance of the safety culture at Diak
- respond proactively to crisis situations
- organise actions during crises
- communicate information about safety matters
- update the crisis guidelines of Diak
- organise crisis training across Diak
- manage Diak’s preparedness plan.
To maintain a safe learning and working environment the students and staff are encouraged to report observations. In Diak we use observation reporting application Incy. Log in to Incy with your student email address.