- intersections between health care, social services and sustainability
- connections between human health and the political, economic, and social systems
- transdisciplinary framework of planetary health
After completing this course, the student is able to
- understand and apply the framework of planetary health into real-world scenarios
- collaborate in an interdisciplinary, inter-university team, which will facilitate a mutual learning exchange within the team members’ own contexts.
- develop solutions to selected issues/problems and analyze the feasibility of these solutions.
- reflect on the ways planetary health framework can be applied to their own disciplines as well as reflect on their own professional development.
Collaborative online teamwork with lecturers and 1-week intensive program in Finland.
Suitable for both Bachelor and Master students
B2 English language level
16-20 October 2023 at 9:00-16:00. The detailed programme will be available on Howspace learning platform.
When making the travel arrangements, please make sure to arrive in Helsinki by Sunday 15.10.2023 and leave earliest on Friday afternoon. The programme will start on Monday morning at 9:00 and finish on Friday afternoon at 16:00.
Kyläsaarenkuja 2, FI-00580 Helsinki, Finland
Click here to read more about the campus
We recommend downloading the HSL app to buy tickets and find the rutes. This app can be used also for the train from the airport to the city centre. Alternatively, you can buy day tickets (for 1-7 days) e.g. from R-kiosk. Price examples: one-way-ticket 3,10€ and 5-day-ticket 27€.
Helsinki Journey Planner is a practical tool for finding public transportation routes and schedules.
From Helsinki central railway station, the bus number 55 (departs from platform 3) stops in front of the campus building (stop Haukilahdenkatu). The journey takes 15 minutes.
Daily lunch is available at 12-13. The price for a warm meal is 2,90€/students and 8,10€/staff.
Click here to check the menu!
Visits to Oodi Library and Allas Sea Pool. Participation in these activities is voluntary.
Participants will take care of their own housing arrangements. Diak’s international office will send the instructions to the participants after registration.
Recommended options are Hotel Arthur, Diana Park Hostel, Cheap Sleep Hostel, and Omena Hotel. The price is 20€-40€ per person per night depending on the shared room.
For staff and students from partner institutions, participation is supported by the Erasmus+ Mobility grant.
Partners will nominate the student participants by 1.9.2023. Please contact your international office for information about the application and selection.
The selected students will register for the BIP by completing the online registration form by 15.9.2023.
LINK TO THE OLINE REGISTRATION FORM
Diak will issue a Transcript of Records in English for all participants who have successfully completed the programme.