Student exchange at Diak
Diak is the largest higher education institution in social and health care sector in Finland. Diak offers international exchange students from our partner institutions excellent opportunities for studies and training at different campuses.
Diak is part of the Erasmus+ program and has various bilateral agreements with countries all over the world. If your institution is not listed as a partner, please contact us for more information about the application procedure.
We offer theory studies in the English-language Bachelor programme with a practical approach at our Helsinki campus.
In other locations, such as Pori and Oulu, we offer practical placements and online studies for our exchange students.
How to apply?
Diak has two application periods:
- Deadline for the autumn term: 30 April
- Deadline for the spring term: 15 September – 1 November
We have an online application process for incoming exchange students. We kindly ask you to fill in the requested information and submit the application and the required supporting documents.
Before applying, please familiarise yourself with our study module offering, placement possibilities and other practical information.
Academic calendar for exchange students:
- Autumn semester: Mid-August – 19 December
- Spring semester: 8 January – 30 May
- If you wish to study as an exchange student at Diak, you will need to be nominated by your home institution. Therefore, as a first step, please contact the international office of your home university.
- Once we have received the nomination, we will guide you through the application process. You can prepare the application by selecting the study modules you want to apply for. If you are applying for a work placement, please note that we have a limited number of placements available and they are organised according to the general training procedures in Finland.
- Submit your e-Application and electronic copies of the documents listed below. The application has a number of steps that you must complete in order for your application to be processed:
- application form in the Mobility Online system, including the motivation letter
- registration in the system and completion of personal information
- uploads of your passport photo, transcript of records (grades and study modules) and Learning Agreement.
- Diak will only process your application once we have received both the nomination and the completed application.
- Within approximately one month after the application deadline, you will receive information from Diak concerning your acceptance, as well as information on how to apply for housing and on other practical matters.