The career monitoring survey for graduates improves the quality of education – survey for graduates of 2017
What is the employment situation of Diak graduates five years after graduation? Does the knowledge gained from the studies carry over into working life? The nationwide career monitoring survey of universities of applied sciences collects information for the development of education and also affects the funding of universities of applied sciences. This year those who graduated in 2017 will receive the survey on 13th of October.
The national career monitoring survey of universities of applied sciences collects information on the employment of graduates, the overall working career and satisfaction with the career and the degree.
– The results of the survey help us to develop education so that it meets the skills needs of working life as well as possible. It is important to hear from our graduates how the education has supported them in their careers and where there may have been gaps, says vice-rector, director of education Pirjo Hakala.
The survey also directly affects the funding of universities of applied sciences. The survey is tied to the funding model defined by the Ministry of Education and Culture. Based on the answers that affect the funding model, the Ministry of Education and Culture allocates 3 percent of the basic funding to universities of applied sciences.
– By answering the survey, Diak’s alumni, for their part, secure the future development opportunities of our education. The number of respondents directly affects funding, so every answer is important, says Pirjo Hakala.
The survey is carried out simultaneously in all universities of applied sciences across Finland. The annual survey is sent to those who graduated five years ago, so this year it will be sent to those who graduated in 2017.
Did you graduate in 2017? Answer the survey!
By answering, you are participating in the production of information that is used to improve the quality of education. By answering:
- you help applicants and current students with their career considerations
- you can help improve future education of university of applied sciences
- the career monitoring questionnaire plays an important role in the development of education and in the career guidance of students
- you support the funding of universities of applied sciences.
How to answer?
- The survey is sent directly by e-mail and text message to all those who graduated in 2017 (both Bachelor and Master Degree graduates).
- The response period for the survey is 13.10–9.11.2022.
- Your background information (basic information about your degree) is extracted from Virta, a national database of higher education institutions maintained by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Answers are treated confidentially and individual respondents cannot be identified.
You can see the results of previous years’ surveys in Vipunen, the statistics service of the Education Administration, and in the open-to-all töissä.fi online service that presents the jobs and career paths of university graduates. The survey is carried out by the universities of applied sciences together with CSC – Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus Oy. More information about the survey.
We greatly appreciate your reply!