Eligibility: Master’s Degree Programme in Global Health Care
Candidates who have a suitable bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields can apply to this MA programme to Diak:
- public health nursing
- social services.
Applicants also need to have at least three years of relevant work experience gained after the completion of their university degree (bachelor’s degree). Relevant work experience obtained after completion of a post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma in Finland (opisto- tai ammatillisen korkea-asteen tutkinto, in any field of education) but prior to taking the higher education degree is also accepted.
You should submit the following supporting documents by 13 April 2018 before 3:00pm Finnish time.
1. If your Bachelor’s degree is completed outside of Finland: Copy of original final Bachelor’s degree certificate/diploma in the original language and authorised translations (in English, Swedish or Finnish) of the Bachelor’s degree certificate/diploma, if the original degree certificate is not issued in English, Finnish or English. The translation should bear the stamp and signature of the translator.
2. If your Bachelor’s degree is completed outside of Finland: Copy of the transcript of academic records in the original language (courses taken for the Bachelor’s degree programme). And authorised translation (in English, Swedish or Finnish) of the study transcript or academic records, if the original transcript is not issued in English, Swedish or Finnish. The translation must be made by an authorised translator.
3. If your Bachelor’s degree is completed outside of Finland: Copy of the diploma supplement (if applicable) or another official certificate (in English, Swedish or Finnish) endorsed by a university and indicating the scope, content, structure and tuition language of your Bachelor’s degree and the requirements (amount of credits and years) needed to complete the programme.
4. Copies of relevant work certificates in English, Swedish or Finnish indicating a minimum of three years (36 months) of relevant work experience. Self-employed candidates (independent entrepreneurs) can prove their work history by sending CVs (Curriculum Vitae), taxation slips as well as an YTL-certificate, where possible. Please send only work certificates that are relevant. The work certificates must show starting and closing dates as well as title and description of work tasks. If you have worked part time, the work certificates should indicate the number of work hours per month. 150 work hours or 20 working days (the minimum length of one full working day is 7 hours) is equivalent to one month of work experience.
5. Copy of residence permit or passport that exempt from tuition fee
In addition to the application documents, all non-Finnish applicants should submit a copy of passport or residence permit document proving exemption from tuition fees:
- Passport ID page or ID card of EU/EEA/Switzerland which states citizenship
- Passport ID page (all other citizenships)
- Residence permit card; Type A, Type P or type P-EU
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
The deadline for requested enclosures is final. Do not send original certificates, diplomas, etc. which cannot be replaced as application documents will notbe returned.
The application and supporting documents are to be delivered to applicant’s first preference university of applied sciences (Diak/Arcada).
We will check the original certificates from all accepted applicants at the beginning of studies.
Admission is conditional until the original certificates have been checked and compared to the information the applicant has given when applying.
Failure to present original documents may lead to cancellation of admission.