Diak International Week
Diak International Week is back! The 2018 event will be held on 22–26 October 2018.
Join us to network and share your thoughts about your field with job shadowing days and hear expert insights about digitalisation in social work, health care, interpreting and diaconal work!
Who is it for?
The event is intended for teaching, research and administrative staff of higher education institutions across the world. Participants will be selected based on applications.
Themes: digitalisation and technology
Finland is one of the world’s leading countries in technological solutions for the health and social care sector.
Diak International Week will be kick-started with a seminar on technology in social work, health care and interpreting.
Can technologies help promote customers’ social engagement and well-being?
Develop your practice and share ideas through job shadowing
The two-day job shadowing experience is designed to give you new ideas about your job and ways to develop your field. You can send us requests in advance about what you would like to learn and share with experts from Diak.
- Monday 22 October: Travel day and a welcome meeting, Helsinki
- Tuesday 23 October: Seminar: digitalisation and technological solutions in social work, health care and interpreting, Helsinki (programme to be confirmed)
- Wednesday 24 October: A job shadowing day, a joint evening event for all participants: “Do it the Finnish way!”, Helsinki, (Oulu, Pieksämäki, Pori or Turku optional)
- Thursday 25 October: A job shadowing day, Helsinki, (Oulu, Pieksämäki, Pori or Turku optional)
- Friday 26 October: travel day, possible other events and meetings according to demand
How to apply?
Submit your application in our event management system. Deadline is May 18.
We will match the job shadowing pairs and notify the selected participants by the end of May.