Retakes and undelivered assignments
This page contains instructions on how to attend an exam retake and how to submit undelivered assignments.
Exam retakes are organised approximately once a month (see below for dates). Please register for a retake exam by using the exam envelope at least seven days before the exam (by 4:00pm).
If you are taking several exam components that are the responsibility of different examiners, please complete a separate envelope for each examiner.
Exam envelopes are available from your campus:
- Helsinki: Envelopes can be collected from the information desk in the main lobby. Bring your completed exam envelope to the information desk.
- Oulu: Exam envelopes are provided in the filing cabinet in the third floor lobby by the student affairs office. Leave your completed envelope in the exam box in the lobby.
- Pieksämäki: Envelopes are provided on the shelves outside the student affairs office. Leave your completed envelope to Mervi Jetsu or in her mailbox.
- Pori: Electronic registration is used at the Pori campus. Instead of the exam envelope, please complete the electronic registration form on the Forms page and send it to the teacher or examiner and the study office as an email attachment no later than one week before the exam date.
- Turku: Envelopes are provided on the shelves outside the student affairs office. Bring your completed envelope to the student affairs office or the office mailbox.
Make sure you complete all sections of the envelope or form and write in clear print.
Upcoming exam retake dates
- 11 January, 2018
- 8 February, 2018
- 8 March, 2018
- 5 July, 2018
- 3 May, 2018
The exam retake will start at 16:00pm.
Number of retake attempts
The first attempt is the exam date specified in the course delivery plan. You do not need to register for this exam unless you are specifically advised to do so.
According to section 29 of the Degree Regulations, a student has two retake attempts unless otherwise agreed on special grounds with the examiner or course teacher. A passing exam grade cannot be re-attempted.
If you have agreed on special arrangements with your study advisor, make sure you specify this in the form when you register for exams.
You are responsible for organising the special arrangements yourself. For example, if you need a computer at the exam, make sure you contact IT support well in advance.
If the teacher or examiner is based at a different campus than the one where you will take the exam, please proceed as follows:
- Check the teacher’s or examiner’s home campus from the personal directory.
- Under Further Information in the form, write “I will take the exam at the ____ campus” in clear print.
- Send the form to the teacher or examiner as an email attachment no later than one week before the exam date.
1. Proof of identity
Please bring an official photo ID or student card to the exam. If you don’t have your ID with you, the exam supervisor cannot accept your exam submission. Your identity will be verified when you hand in your exam answers to the supervising teacher.
2. Writing supplies and other materials
Make sure you bring writing supplies and other necessary materials with you. If the use of dictionaries or other resources is permitted, it will be specified in the exam envelope. The use of calculators is not permitted in medical dosage calculation exams.
Leave your bags, coats, phones and other belongings on the side of the classroom.
3. Exam duration
The duration of exam retake sessions is three hours. The exam begins when the supervisor gives permission to open the exam envelopes. Students who arrive late will be admitted in the first 30 minutes of the exam.
The supervisor will specify the end time of the exam. You are not allowed to leave the exam room in the first 30 minutes of the exam.
The supervisors will give practical advice at the start of the exam session (e.g. bathroom breaks).
Undelivered assignments should be submitted to the teacher in printed form with the appropriate cover sheet for undelivered assignments. Open the cover sheet on the forms page.
- 12 January, 2018
- 9 February, 2018
- 9 March, 2018
- 6 April, 2018
- 27 April, 2018
- 25 May, 2018
- 29 June, 2018 (assessment in August)
- 10 August, 2018