Registering as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year
New students beginning their first term: see information for new students.
If you are registering as an attending student
Students register as attending or non-attending for the whole academic year. The registration periods for the 2018–2019 academic year will be published on this page at a later date.
Make sure you register as an attending or non-attending student for both semesters by the end of the registration period. If you will graduate during the autumn semester, you can leave the spring semester field blank.
You cannot amend your registration after the start of the semester without a valid reason. According to the Degree Regulations, only health-related reasons or family circumstances can be accepted as valid reasons. For example, military service and pregnancy do not qualify.
The primary registration channel is MyDiak. In case you’re not able to log in MyDiak, you can also use the PDF forms.
Deliver the paper copies of your registration forms to the student affairs office of your campus.
If you are registering as a non-attending student
Before registering as a non-attending student, please consider the following:
- Your study entitlement is not valid during your non-attendance. The period of non-attendance will not be counted towards the duration of your study.
- If you have unfinished assignments or study modules, please contact your guidance counsellor to discuss completing them before you register as a non-attending student.
- Diak cannot guarantee that the same study modules will still be available after your absence.
- You are not entitled to student financial aid during a period of non-attendance. Don’t forget to cancel your financial aid no later than the 15th day of the month preceding your first month of absence. This way you will avoid repayment demands.
- You are not entitled to a student card or the year stamp during your non-attendance. You are also not entitled to meal discounts, travel discounts or other student benefits.
If you forget to register
If you don’t register as an attending or non-attending student by the deadline, you will lose your study entitlement and will have to apply to have it reinstated by completing the form on the Forms page. The application is subject to a €50 administrative fee.
For further information, see Study entitlement.
Remember: students who fail to register by the deadline cannot be guaranteed a place in the year’s modules.