Funding your exchange
If the exchange is accepted as part of your studies at Diak, you are entitled to a grant to support your international experience.
Depending on the destination, you can apply for one of the following grants:
- All destinations: €900
- Available to students who are applying for an exchange period in Asia or Africa
- Minimum duration three months.
The Erasmus+ grant is calculated individually for each student going to Europe and Global Erasmus+ exchanges based on three factors:
- exchange programme (Erasmus+ Student Exchange or Erasmus+ Work Placement)
- country group
- length of stay in months and days.
Erasmus+ Student Exchange can include studies, studies and work placement, or just work placement. The exchange will be coordinated as a student exchange if a university is involved in the process.
The Learning Agreement document must be prepared before submitting the grant application.
E+ Work Placement is any placement that doesn’t involve a university contact.
According to the Erasmus+ Programme guidelines, work placement grants must be higher than study grants.
Country groups based on living costs
Country group 1: Austria, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Country group 2: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia , Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Monthly and daily grant sums
Below are the monthly and daily grant sums for different exchange programs and country groups. Study gran will be paid in one instalment. However, you need to complete all compulsory steps of Erasmus+ program, or otherwise some part of the grant will be collected back.
Erasmus+ Student Exchange 2018-2019
- Country group 1: monthly grant 370 euros
- Country group 2: monthly grant 320 euros
Erasmus+ Work Placement 2018-2019
- Country group 1: monthly grant 470 euros
- Country group 2: monthly grant 420 euros
Erasmus+ grant for students with family 2018-2019
- Country group 1: monthly grant 570 euros
- Country group 2: monthly grant 520 euros
Erasmus+ Student Exchange 2019-2020
- Country group 1: monthly grant 420 euros
- Country group 2: monthly grant 360 euros
Erasmus+ Work Placement 2019-2020
- Country group 1: monthly grant 540 euros
- Country group 2: monthly grant 480 euros
Erasmus+ grant for students with family 2019-2020
- Country group 1: monthly grant 620 euros
- Country group 2: monthly grant 560 euros
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Diak’s international office: email@example.com.