Cookies in Diak’s internet services
Diak started a new way of telling about cookies on Thursday 24/9. The cookie query opens each time the site is read in a different browser for the first time. The same happens if the user’s device or browser uses settings that clear cookies every time they visit.
Telling about cookies is based on the latest information on the type of notification required by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Among other things, cookies can be used to collect the following information:
- user’s IP address
- used webpages
- browser type
- from which web address the user has come to the website
- from which server the user has come to the website
- from which domain the user has come to the website.
Cookies are also collected for advertising purposes. The purpose is to provide the user with more relevant advertising and the advertiser the opportunity to reach people who are genuinely interested in their services and products.
How to act with the cookie survey on Diak website?
In the opening view of the cookie survey on Diak website, the reader has three options. To access the pages, the user must choose one of the three options:
- Accept cookies – by clicking the button the visitor accepts all cookies used on the website. After this selection, the query window closes, and you can return to it to edit the settings as described below.
- Deny non-essential cookies – by clicking the button the visitor accepts cookies which are necessary for the essential functions of the site.
- Advanced consent options – by clicking the button the visitor can choose which of her/his actions she/he gives permission to save the cookie trace.
You can find out about your own cookie policies on Diak’s website as follows
- Click the cookie button at the bottom left of the page
- Click on any of the three additional information buttons
- A description of the data collected and where it will be used will then open
Cookie information is collected and informed on the diak.fi Finnish and English websites.